The only series of step-by-step guides to succeeding in the skilled trades and achieving the American dream.
At Your Best as an HVAC/R Tech
is your playbook for learning if a career as an electrician is right
for you, progressing from pre-apprentice to journeyman to master
technician, and launching your own small business. Learn:
- What does a career as an HVAC/R tech look like?
- Why should you consider becoming an HVAC/R tech?
- How do you become a successful craftsman as an HVAC/R tech?
- How much can you make as an HVAC/R tech?
- What are your career options once you become an HVAC/R tech?
- How long does it take to be successful at each stage in a HVAC/R tech's career?
- How and where do you find work as an HVAC/R tech?
- What does it take to strike out on your own?
- What does it take to launch and build a successful small business?
At Your Best
is the only step-by-step handbook to finding if a career in the trades
is right for you, educating yourself and earning the proper
certifications, establishing yourself as an excellent apprentice and
journeyman in the industry, and moving on to start your own small
business in the trades. At each step of the way, your At Your Best
playbook provides the information, recommendations, outside resources,
and concrete actions needed for taking the next successful step in You,
Inc. Whether you are beginning your first career, changing careers, or
ready to move up and start your own business as a carpenter, plumber,
HVAC/R tech, or other tradesman, this is the book that will tell you
There currently over 6.5 million unfilled jobs in the
skilled trades in the US. Despite being well-paying and secure, these
jobs remain open because enough qualified candidates with the skills,
attitude, and experience required do not exist. Moreover, plenty of
opportunity exists for established tradespeople to start their own
business, but they have no guidance. The At Your Best Playbooks series